Dr. Mwaffaq Summor Ali Almahameed
Dr. Mwaffaq Summor Ali Almahameed
Legal Counsel for Committees Affairs
- Marital Status : Married
- PhD in Public Law(Administrative , Constitutional laws and taxation ), Amman Arab University for graduating studies, 2003.
- Master degree in Public Law(Administrative , Constitutional laws and taxation ), AL AL-BAYT University, Jordan, 2000.
- B.A degree in law, The University Of Jordan, 1997.
- TOEFL CBT 250 of 300 , Educational Testing service (ETS) , 2006.
- General Course on Intellectual Property (DL-101), THE WIPO WORLDWIDE ACADEMY, Geneva, Switzerland, October-November, 2004.
- International Diploma In IT Skills, Cambridge International Examinations, Talal abu - ghazaleh & international (Tagi), December 2004
- General course for qualifying prosecutors and judges, Jordan Judicial Institute, May 2005.
- Advisor for business environment related legislation,(income tax ,VAT and other tax’s and investment major updates), also, as an author for Jordan tax profiles regarding (Income Tax ,VAT, Social Security ,Other Tax’s and Investment Related updates ,The International Belasting Docuumentatie Bureau (IBFD) Amesterdam,Netherlands( January 2018).
- Associate Professor in Public law(administrative ,constitutional and taxation), Faculty Of Law, Abu Dhabi University, UAE, 2015 – august 2019.
- Legal advisor( Parliamentary Committees specially Woman Affairs Committee and Human Rights Affairs Committee, and Parliamentary Diplomacy Division), Bahrain Council Of Representatives, 2014-2015.
- Legislative Drafting and Tax Policy Advisor, Deloitte Consulting & Bearing point Co. Consulting /USAID-funded Jordan Fiscal Reform Project (2007 – 2009).
- Associate Professor, Faculty Of Law, Al-Albayt University, Jordan, 2007 –(on a Leave since 2014).
- Part-time Lecturer for Financial Legislations, Al-Zaytoonah University 2008/2009, and Part-time Lecturer, Financial Legislations for PHD students ,Amman Arab University, 2004.
- Licensed Lawyer, Jordanian lawyers union,2009, Reg. No.(17586) and member in the American bar association(ABA). , Reg. No.02962295 of 2018.
- Member of negotiation committees concerning preventing double taxation agreements (with Russia, Moldova, Belarus, united Arab emirates, kingdom of Spain, and Greece ),2004-2007.
- Civil General Attorney Assistant for Tax Affairs/Tax appeal court & Legal Consultant, Consultations and Tax Treaties Division in income and sales tax of Jordan, until March 2007.
- Lecturer, (legal aspects of administration) course ,ministry of agriculture, Oman sultanate, 2006.
- Part-time Lecturer for investment related legislations (industrial zone law, free zone law, Aqaba special economic zone law, investment laws),Arabic accountants assembly, 2005.
- Lecturer of ( income tax law and regulations course) held by Amman chamber of commerce for businessmen and traders,2006.
- Instructor (trainer), tax awareness courses( held for income and sale tax dep. Employees & taxpayers), income and sales tax department, 2004-2007.
- Tax official Assessor(Auditor), income and sales tax department,1998-2002.
- Tax Treatment of Illegal Income: (a comparative study covered :Jordan, USA and
- Egypt ), publisher: Dark Al Thakafa, Amman, 2005.(BOOK)
- Legal Nature of Income Tax Assessment decisions(a comparative study covered
- :Jordan, USA and Egypt ), publisher: dark al thakafa, Amman, 2001(BOOK)
- Methods of Legal Research, publisher: Dark Al Thakafa, Amman, 2001. (BOOK)
- “ Equality and Non-Discrimination As One Of The Corporate Social Responsibility(CSR) Fundamental Elements Of the UAE Educational Entities”, accepted for publishing- February 2018, Journal of legal and economical researches -Mansoura university, Egypt.
- The E-tax services accessibility of people with disabilities according to the Canadian federal legislation and judiciary, JIL human rights Journal. 2016, vol.11, pp(59-84).
- Conference paper “Environmental Protection According to The International Law On the Outer Space”, International Conference on "Contemporary Issues in Air & Space Laws",February 22-23, 2017,University of Sharjah, College of Law.
- The Jordanian E-Tax Services and Accessibility Of People With Disabilities, Al Ejtihad journal, Algeria, 2015.
- Accessibility of People with Disabilities to the E-Tax Services according to the American Federal Legislation, Kuwait publishing council, university of Kuwait,Vol.34(1),2018.
- The Minimum Ages Of Criminal Responsibility, Al Albayt university, Almanar Journal, Vol.(20)3, 2016.
- " The Tax Amnesty and its Extent Of Conformity With The Rule Of Law Doctrine - A Comparative Study" The University Of Sharja, Journal Of Shari'a & Law Sciences,UAE , Vol.11(2), 2015.
- " The Tax Cooperation Through Exchange Of Information according to the Model Tax Treaties - A Comparative Study" The University Of Sharja Journal Of Shari'a & Law Sciences,UAE , Vol.(10), No.1(2013).
- "The Exchange of the Tax Information :The Dangers and the Importance - A Comparative Study" Bahrain university Journal of law , Vol.(10), No.1(2013).
- "Income Tax Treatment of Public Sector Universities in Jordan", European Journal of Social Sciences , Vol.(27), No.4 (2012). .(English)
- "National Legislation Safeguarding Bank Secrecy and the Steps Needed to Comply with the Effective Exchange of Information Standards: A Comparative Study”, Business Law Review, Wolters Kluwer,vol. 33, Issue no.(1), January 2012. .(English)
- The Legal Nature of the Jordanian Governmental Universities and Their Financial
- Independency , AlManar journal, Vol.20, No.(1), 2015.(English)
- " Healthcare as One of Jordanian Tax Legislation purposes, A Comparative Study: including Jordan, France and UK ", Journal of Sharia and Law, United Arab Emirates (UAE), UAE University, vol.(51) .
- Family Tax Treatment In Income Tax Laws of Jordan and Egypt, Journal of law, Kuwait publishing council, university of Kuwait, vol.38(3) .
- The Legal Value of Treaties in Jordanian Constitution of 1952 as Amended A comparative study, Journal of law, Kuwait publishing council, university of Kuwait, Vols,35(4) and 36(1).
- "Tax treatment of NGO's", Journal of Sharia and Law, United Arab Emirates (UAE),Vol.37,Issued by: College of Law, UAE University,2009.
- Member of Tax awareness Committee , income and sales tax department, 2007.
- Member of the specialized committee formulated by income and sales tax department for the purposes of studying IFC recommendations about modifications in income tax and sales tax legislations for leasing tax treatment , 2007.
- Membership of the specialized committee formulated by income and sales tax department for the purposes of studying the effects of income tax law modifications on tax regulations and by-laws, 2005.
- Representative of Income and sales tax department in the national committee for the items of Jordan National Agenda 2006.
- Member of faculty council and several committees in AL AL-BAYT University(2007-2014) including investigation and election committees…etc, also, Member of faculty council and several committees in Abu Dhabi university including recruiting and ranking committees.
- Member of project team assigned to prepare “White Book: tax reform “and drafting proposal for income tax law of 2009.
- Member of the committee assigned to draft and develop ( Legal English course syllabus and handbook), the American bar association(ABA),2007.
- Member of the committee assigned to study recommendations of European Aid of 2005/2006,Ministry Of Planning And International Cooperation,Jordan.
Page last updated on:
09/11/2020 10:54 AM