The Research and Studies Section is hierarchically associated with the Department of Committees and Research Affairs, and plays a vital role by serving their Excellencies the members of the Shura Council and parallely the different departments under the General Secretariat. Its main duties are as follows:-
- The preparation of researches and studies in the fields related to the council's work and upon the requests received from the respected members.
- Conduct studies, researches and prepare presentations upon the requests received from different departments within the General Secretariat that may aid them in either carrying out their work or improving it.
- Attend the specialized council's committees' meetings – a researcher for each committee – and prepare studies and necessary reports regarding the subjects under discussion. Accordingly these reports are prepared under the directions of the head or members of the committee.
- Provide translations for studies, reports, comparison and speeches of the members. The section is also responsible for interpretations, either English to Arabic, or Arabic to English.
- Prepare and present information, data and statistics in a form that supports the members’ discussions.
- Identify important local information sources and maintain stable cooperation with them to ensure that information is being obtained and updated in an organized way.
- Strengthen ties and support the exchange of information and expertise with other similar bodies in and outside the Kingdom.
- Track GCC, Arab and international laws by using the legislative encyclopedia and official Internet sites.
- Provide Internet assistance and P.C. terminals for the Council's members.
NOTE: Since all the researches and studies have been conducted in Arabic, we regret being unable to provide them on this page. However, we will be pleased to furnish the public with copies of any future accomplishment in this field.