Reporting Line: The Directorate, organizationally, reports to the Assistant General Secretary for Parliament Affairs.
Overall Objective: To oversee the organization of committees meetings, preparation of reports, provision of information, studies and researches to assist the committees in preparing reports for the issues referred to the committees and also to provide research services to the General Secretariat of the Council.
1. To lay down an annual work plan for the Directorate in respect of each round and allocate secretaries to the Council’s committees.
2. To oversee the organization of meetings of committees in co-ordination with the heads of committees and the concerned directorates.
3. To co-ordinate with the official bodies and civic society organizations in respect with the issues referred to the Council’s committees and also to co-ordinate the attendance of concerned bodies to the meetings of the committees.
4. To propose plans and training programmes for the Directorate’s employees in co-ordination with the Directorate of Human Resources.
5. To provide information, data, researches and studies with regard to the issues referred to the Directorate of Committees.
6. To prepare reports and minutes for the meetings of the committees and document them.
7. To make available information, studies and researches with respect to the issues referred to the committees for study.
8. To provide translation services of reports, memos and work papers to their excellencies members of the Council and the General Secretariat of the Council.
9. To determine the local, regional and international information resources and enhance communication with them.
10. To co-ordinate with the Directorate of Parliamentarian Relations and Media with regard to the media coverage required for the activities and work of Directorate of Committees.
11. To co-ordinate with the Directorate of Information Technology to feed the Council’s website with the information related to the activities and works of various Council’s committees together with the activities of the Directorate.