Reporting Line: The Section, organizationally, reports to the Directorate of Committee Affairs and Research.
Overall Objective: To supervise the preparation, organization and co-ordination of the meetings of the specific permanent committees and temporary committees for the sake of studying the issues referred to it and prepare reports.
1. To prepare agendas for the meetings of the committees in co-ordination with the heads of committees.
2. To prepare minutes of meetings for the committees, and ensure they are kept confidential, and file the reports and letters in the files related to each committee.
3. To prepare letters and invitations to the Government bodies and civic society organizations in co-ordination with the President Office.
4. To prepare reports of the committees and obtain approval by the committee chairman and follow-up the dispatch of such reports to the concerned bodies.
5. To check the grammar of all written materials received from the Council’s General Secretariat.
6. To organize and co-ordinate the meetings of the committees and the General Secretariat.
7. To prepare periodical report on the attendance and absenteeism of the members.
8. To prepare periodical reports on the activities of the committees for each round.
9. To co-ordinate with the Research Section to provide the researches, information, data and comparative studies that may be requested by the members with regard to the issues referred to the committees.
10. To co-ordinate with the Directorate of Parliamentarian Relations and Media in respect of providing media coverage for the meetings of the committees.
11. To co-ordinate with the Directorate of Information Technology to feed the Council’s website with the activities of the Section.
12. To co-ordinate with the President Office with regard to receiving the issues referred to the Directorate of Committees and to deliver the reports of the committees.