Resolutions and Outcomes of the Ninth (9) Meeting
First Ordinary Session - Third Legislative Term
Reciting the Names of Absent Members
- Absent members were: Foud Ahmed Haji, Jehad Hassan Bu-Kamal, Khalid A.Rasool Al-Sharif, Dr. Aisha Salem Mubarak.
Ratification of Minutes of the Previous Session
- The Minutes were ratified without amendments.
• The Council was informed of referral of draft law approving to join Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety for the Biological Diversity Convention, associated with the Royal Decree No. (65) for 2010, to the foreign affairs, defense and national security committee.
• The Council was informed of referral of draft law for 2010, regarding organization of legal profession submitted by Hon. Members: Rabab A.nabi Al-Arayyed and Dallal Jasim Al-Zayed, to the legislative and legal affairs committee.
A question addressed to the Minister of Health Dr. Faisal bin Yaqoob Al-Hammar, submitted by Hon. member Mohammed Hassan Baqer Radhi regarding Blood Bank at Salmaniya Medical Complex, and the Minister response.
- The Minister responded to the question, and Hon. Member commented.
Continue discussion of the report of Women and Child Affairs Committee concerning the draft law issuing the Child Act (prepared in light of bill proposals submitted by the Council of Representatives)
- The discussion was postponed to the next session.
At the beginning of the session the following statements were recited:
• Birthday Anniversary of Prophet Mohammed (PBUH).
• Tenth (10th) Anniversary of the National Action Charter.
• Developments of events in Egypt.