To become a vivid example for ideal utilization of means of new technology.
To create a parliamentary electronic institution, that depends on the new modern technologies, to support the legislative functioning of members of the Shura Council, facilitate their work, and intercommunicate between the Shura Council, official institutions and regional and international organizations to activate democratic practices.
•Offer the technical support for their hon. Members of the Shura Council to benefit from new technology.
•Prepare the Shura Council website by making it a bank of parliamentary information, which provides to Shura members and parliamentary researchers the information about the legislative body at an appropriate time and place, with the required accuracy.
•Facilitate and support the legislative performance by providing integrated e-Archive for all legislative works of the Council.
•Provide the necessary data and information to the members of the Shura council to perform their national duties.
•Facilitate ways of communication between the Shura members and the citizens through e-mails and blogs, and raise the level of public participation.
•Linking the legislative and oversight performance to the opinion of the public.
•Break the monopoly and secrecy and promote transparency, through offering live broadcast of the meetings and the inclusion of the minutes on the Council's website, allowing access to all citizens.
•Act to increase awareness among citizens regarding the legislative and regulatory functioning of the Shura Council.
•Prepare the website of the Shura Council to make it a gateway and an interface to the work of the legislative authority in the Kingdom of Bahrain, and to the regional and international forums, and a reflection of the extent of development reached by the democratic and parliamentary life.
•Linking the site of the Shura Council to the parliament sites of the Arab and Islamic countries, and build bridges of electronic communication between them.
•The usage of modern and attractive technologies to display the latest news and events in a clear and attractive manner to attract more visitors and those interested in parliamentary affairs in the Kingdom of Bahrain and other friendly countries.
Beneficiaries and the Targeted Audience
1. Members of the Council.
2. Researchers and experts in the field of parliamentary work.
3. Citizens and civil society.
4. State ministries, organizations and associations, institutions, civil and political societies, private sector, the various organs of the Council, trade unions and the press, legislatures and other destinations.
• The site provides correct and accurate information.
• Collection of the best internationally approved security technologies to protect the information of the subscribers.
• To provide content in both Arabic and English languages.
• Evaluation of services provided by the site through a survey of visitors opinions.
• Ability to communicate with the abroad Arab and international parliaments.
• Reaching a high rates of visits to the site.
Communication with the Council
You can contact us through the following channels:
• Through the phone no. 17748886, from Sunday to Thursday from 8 am until 2 pm.
• Or via the Council site through the link (Contact Us).
The concerned body in the Council will respond to your calls, by telephone or in via a written method.